About TPA Magnetic Safety Barrier
Magnetic Railway Safety Barrier is a Network Rail Approved system, meeting the safety requirements of the European standard EN13374 class A.
Under local and European regulations it is in most cases legally required when working on track to protect workers with a physical barrier to prevent operatives coming too close to any track with trains operating on them. TPA’s magnetic barrier system provides effective protection for safe work on the track. Crucially, this barrier system is safer to work with than traditional rail mounted temporary barrier systems as the method installation doesn’t disturb the railway ballast and avoids the potential release of hazardous dust (Silica) or airborne pathogens such as Leptospirosis (Weils Disease).
Features & Benefits:
- Purpose designed for trackside delineation and safety
- The system is suitable for use on all commonly used rail types (85-95ib, UIC 54(113A) & UIC 60(CEN 60 113A) Flat Bottomed and Bullhead Rail)
- Strong, non-removable, magnet
- Fast installation times (100m in 15 minutes by 4 person team)
- Easy dismantling with one arm movement, using the patented head attached
- No ballast is removed & operatives are not required to go into the 4 foot
- No danger of damaging buried signal cables
- Does NOT affect track circuits or axle counters
- Can be used in/through areas of S&C (Magnetic switch kits)
- Consists of two components, no loose parts, no tools needed
- Network Rail Approved
Rail Safety Barrier Specifications
- Components, Dimensions & Weight
- Stanchion complete 8kg
- Hand rail (each) 4kg
- Handrail 48.5mm diameter, fitted with bayonet coupling
- Handrail length: 3m
Applications of the system
The stanchion is adjustable between the hazard area zone A and zone B. The distance from the centre of the track to the guardrail/barrier is adjustable between 1.95 metres and 2.55 metres in steps of 0.1 metre.