About Crossing Road Plate
TPA’s Steel road plates feature lifting holes for ease of handling and an anti-skid surface.
TPA’s Steel Crossing Plates are a low cost, easy to deploy steel ground protection panel for a wide range of uses within the construction, groundworks and civils industries.
- Steel road crossing plates available in plain steel or anti-skid
- Anti-skid plates incorporate resin-bonded bauxite chippings
- Standard size 2,400mm x 1,200mm; weight approx 600kgs
Crossing Plate Specification
Dimensions & Weights
|Trench Width (M)
||Allowable Load on a Single Roadplate (kN) (FOS = 1.5)
- Not suitable for use on public highways for trenches over 700mm wide
- Not suitable for use with vehicle / machinery speeds over 5mph
- The ground must be assessed to determine that the ground itself has sufﬁcient strength to support the loads that will be acting upon it
- High speed impacts and braking forces can introduce lateral loading that can overcome the ﬁxings / mounting