About Timber Bog Mat
TPA’s durable, timber bog mats offer ideal temporary access solutions, providing a platform on which cranes and plant can travel when traversing the site.
TPA is firmly established in the rail sector as “the” principle provider of safe, effective, value for money temporary roadways, walkways,
RRAPs & access systems.
TPA Bog mats are laid very quickly and easily, utilising existing lifting machinery on site to lift and place the mats into position, without the
necessity to join the mats together.
The mats create an ideal platform under heavy cranes when they are in operation, protecting the ground from the impact of these larger
machines. When the mats are laid to construct a platform or access pad, plant and vehicles carrying heavy loads can travel on them
- Bogs Mats are a product that TPA can easily integrate into temporary access and ground protection installations
- Protects grounds and underground services from damage
- Provides secure access for Plant, Machinery & Vehicles over soft ground
- Limits impact upon the environment
- Hardwood Timber is environmentally friendly, and from sustainable sources
- Easy to stack, transport and offload
- Existing machinery on site can be utilised to manoeuvre the mats therefore reducing on site costs
- Quick and easy to install, they have lifting eyes provided as standard; simply lift and place the mats into position, no need to fix mats together
- Heavy weight, meaning that they simply stay in place once laid
- Heavy duty load capacities up to 250 tonnes
Bog Mat Specifications
For embankment applications a maximum slope length of 10m (36 treads) should be observed. For longer lengths a suitable “landing” must be introduced.
- Product Dimensions (WxHxD):2000mm x3000mm x80mm
- Hard Wood
- Eco non-chemical preservative
- -5°C to 50°
- 22°F to 120°F
- Natural hard wood colour, subject to age and usage variances